Seven Godmothers Video: Highlights from Naming Ceremony (click here)
Monday, Nov. 30, 2009, Royal Caribbean International will put a new twist on one of maritime’s longest standing traditions - the naming ceremony of Oasis of the Seas will have seven godmothers instead of the usual one.
Royal Caribbean has chosen seven extraordinary godmothers to represent the seven signature neighborhoods onboard Oasis of the Seas. According to RCI, each of the seven godmothers was chosen because they personify strength of character, exemplify the spirit of giving, and are role models for men, women and children alike.
The godmothers include:
• Gloria Estefan, world-renowned singer, songwriter, actor and author
• Michelle Kwan, the Olympic Games medalist
• Jane Seymore, a multiple Emmy and Golden Globe winning actor, as well as an Officer of the British Empire
• Dara Torres, twelve-time Olympic medalist
• Keshia Knight Pulliam, film and television actress
• Shawn Johnson, four-time medalist at the 2008 Olympic games for women’s gymnastics and cancer philanthropist
• Daisy Fuentes, international television personality and producer, beauty and fitness expert, and recognized role model for Latin-American women in the United States
For more details about these godmothers, see the official press release.