Saturday, May 19, 2018

Life Jackets Worn Nobody Mourns



Whether At Home or Away on Vacation
Please Be Safe on the Water

I believe I have the best job in the world.  Each day I wake up and help my guests plan dream vacations for themselves, their families, and friends.  The stories I share on this blog, and my other social media, inspire others to explore this great world.

The majority of the trips I help plan involve water activities of some sort. That isn't surprising since about 71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5 percent of all Earth's water.

When my guests return from their trips, I get to hear about how their dreams came true.  The last thing I ever want to hear is how dreams were shattered due to a water accident.

Please be careful in and around the water because even strong swimmers drown. Check out this blog post to find valuable tips and resources that could save your life or the life of someone you care about.

Guides

Water Safety Resource Guide
Wear It Right Brochure
How to Choose the Right Life Jacket
Campaign Materials

Video PSAs

Drowning in 60 Seconds
Girl Overboard
Life Jacket Debate
Man Overboard


Resources for Kids

Click on Bobber to visit the official web site.  You’ll find cartoons and other water safety fun! An excellent program for young children!

Education Resources (for teachers)

Produced by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers National Operations Center for Water Safety. All Rights Reserved. Bobber and all related titles, logos and characters are trademarks of the Corps of Engineers.

National Safe Boating Week 
(May 19-25, 2018)


More links and information about safe boating can be found on National Safe Boating Counsel
website.


@ChrisPappinMCC



Follow Us On


Sign-up for Exclusive Email Offers



No comments: