Week of May19th
- .Mon., May 19: Corpus Christi Intl Airport, Corpus Christi, Tex., 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tue., May 20: Ellington Airport, Houston, Tex., 3:00 p.m. to 4:30p.m.
- Wed., May 21: Lakefront Airport, New Orleans, La., 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thur., May 22: Tallahassee Airport, Tallahassee, Fla., 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fri., May 23: Tampa International Airport, Tampa, Fla., 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The aircraft is piloted by officers of the NOAA Corps — one of the seven uniformed services of the United States — and based at the NOAA Aircraft Operations Center, located at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth's environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources. Visit them on Facebook.
May 25th through May31st
For additional information about hurricanes, including useful links, see the static "Hurricane Zone" tab above. Last season we monitored several tropical storms which fortunately weren't as devastating as in some past years. None of the storms made landfall in the United States. Also see past year's Hurricane Preparedness series of articles: Hurricane Preparedness for Cruisers