Related Blog Post ... Iceland Volcanic Ash Grounds Flights
- Some flights have been cancelled to and from Leeds Bradford and Humberside Airports today
- Some flights have been cancelled to Scotland and Northern Ireland at Leeds Bradford Airport
- Eastern Airways has cancelled Aberdeen flights to and from Humberside Airport.
- Disruptions at Newcastle and Durham Tees Valley airports
- Some flight cancellations at both Newcastle and Durham Tees Valley airports, although the airports themselves remain open
- Morning flights to Aberdeen from Durham Tees Valley as well as later departures to Southampton were cancelled
- At Newcastle Airport, flights to and from Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Faro and Malta were cancelled.
- Edinburgh airport is open but passengers are advised to contact their airlines before travelling to the airport. Forecasters say that high density ash is likely from 1pm to 6pm today although disruption may spread into the night.
- Glasgow airport is also open and is not expecting any disruption today.
- Inverness airport remains closed.
- Aberdeen airport is hoping to resume operations from 1pm onwards although there will still be considerable delays and cancellations throughout the day.
- Flights have been cancelled to and from Svalbard. It is unknown when flights will resume.
- Danish authorities have closed the airspace below 4 miles in the northwest of the country.
- This does not directly affect airports but Copenhagen airport is experiencing some delays and cancellations, primarily to Scotland and Greenland destinations, although these are expected to clear by 8.00pm today.
- Flights are halted into and out of Scotland and the north-east of England.
- Easyjet flights from Belfast International Airport to Glasgow and Edinburgh have been cancelled.
- Two flights between Belfast and Newcastle and Newcastle and Belfast have also been cancelled.
- Two Loganair flights between Belfast City Airport and Dundee will also remain grounded.
- Both Stavanger and Karmoey airports have been affected with flights being cancelled as the cloud is expected to spread to the south of the country later today.
Eruption in Iceland: News | Update | Vatnajökull monitoring | Volcanic ash advisory |
Latest Ash Impact on Flights
Icelandic volcano pictures, blogs, and other links