|Not the storm you are looking for? Click Image or Here|
A Hurricane Preparedness Web site has been launched by NOAA. The goal of this Web site is to inform the public about the hurricane hazards and provide knowledge which can be used to take ACTION. This information can be used to save lives at work, home, while on the road, or on the water.
“The squadron is the only remaining military unit in the world which routinely flies into tropical cyclones to aid in the United States Hurricane Warning Program,“ said Lt. Col. Jonathan Talbot, Chief Weather Officer for the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron.
- Friday, March 19: Bermuda; 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 22: Mazatlan, Mexico; 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 23: Merida, Mexico; 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 24: San Salvadore, El Salvadore, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 26: Antigua; 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 27: Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.