Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Where is Chris - Featured Destination Sept 09

It’s a gorgeous morning where I am. The sun is shining, and the trees are gently swaying in the warm breeze. Back home, the wind is howling and the snow is blowing. I am very thankful that I am here.

Where is Chris? I’m not going to tell you right away. Close your eyes and imagine you are standing next to me while I paint a picture of what I saw today and we will see if you can figure it out.


Arriving early in the embarkation port ...

I decided to fly in a few days early before my cruise started to visit a city I had heard about but never visited. It is a diverse city and inexpensive to explore and enjoy. There is plenty of entertainment, places to see and things to do. You will not be disappointed in exploring it.


Exploring the neighborhoods ...

The first thing I do after breakfast is get a map of the city. With a map, I can plot out what I want to see without wandering and getting lost. The city is divided into neighborhoods and each one has a map of the things to visit in their area. I decided to just explore some of the neighborhoods since there is another destination that I want to see before my cruise starts.

Exploring Microcentro...

You will spend plenty of time in this part of the city since it is the hub of the government, banks, services and everything that makes this city tick. The area’s defining feature, that connects two neighborhoods, is the pedestrian thoroughfare that is crowded by day with shoppers and at night the performance artists thrill tourists and locals alike.

The biggest attraction/destination is situated in an old restored building that houses valuable and artistic murals. It offers an extensive list of choices – stores of fashionable clothes, leather articles, books, jewelry, souvenirs and many more things. It has movie theatres and a graceful dining area offering all types of options. It also houses a famous Ballet School.


Exploring a classy neighborhood ...

Another classier neighborhood is lined with handsome apartment buildings and is home to fine shops, art galleries and restaurants. This neighborhood grew up around an area that covers 4 square blocks and has one of the city’s most visited attractions. The ancestors of the city’s aristocracy are buried here. The Recoleta Cemetery is a virtual crypt city of tall and elaborate tombs and mausoleums. The monument most people seek out is the simple dark marble crypt belonging to the wife of the dictator Juan Peron and the heroine of the city’s working class- Eva Peron.


Where am I ?

If you haven’t figured out by now, the city I am spending a few days in is Buenos Aires, Argentina. Buenos Aires is either the starting point or is in the middle of various cruises. Some of these cruises sail around the tip of South America and end in Valparaiso, Chile.

It is the capital and largest city of Argentina. It is located on the southern shore of the Rio de la Plata, on the southeastern coast of the South American continent. It has a population of around 13 million and is considered the richest city in South America and the Southern Hemisphere.

Time for you to continue the exploration ...

Let me help you plan a cruise vacation to South America which starts or ends in Buenos Aires. Extend your stay before or after the cruise so that you can visit the many diverse neighborhoods of this city on your own. I have selected a couple itineraries that you might consider in February, 2010.


Select from these Celebrity Infinity Cruises or contact me for other choices ...

14-Night South America, Buenos Aires to Valparaiso

14 Night Antarctic Cruise, Buenos Aires R/T

Let us CUSTOM DESIGN a SOUTH AMERICA CRUISE VACATION for YOU.

e-mail us:
cpappin@cruisesinc.com to start planning YOUR cruise

No comments: