Saturday, December 6, 2008

We Interrupt Galapagos Review for Important Info

While lying in my bed this morning, I was thinking about iguanas, blue-footed boobies, Galapagos turtles, and penquins. My mind wandered to Celebrity Solstice and the game of crochet we played on the upper deck. These were just a few of the great memories that were running through my head. It was very peaceful and quiet.

All of a sudden the quiet was interrupted with the sound of heavy machinery working outside. What could that be, I wondered. Then it dawned on me. I was no longer on a ship in Galapagos, or on Celebrity Solstice, but I was back to reality in my own bedroom.

I recalled watching the news and weather forecast last night which called for 1-3 inches of snow.
No, it couldn't be true; the weatherman couldn't have been right. Reluctantly, I got out of bed and went downstairs to look out the window. This is what I saw....

Indeed the weatherman was correct and the grass, sidewalks, and streets were now covered in a new blanket of snow. In its untouched state, I have to admit the snow does look nice, but I'd much rather look out of my window and sea a sandy beach.

Perhaps many of you that are reading this today have had a similar experience. For those that are in warm climates, enjoy your warm temperatures and pleasant views.

Call to action -- the rest of you know what you need to do. It's time to plan your escape on a cruise ship. Right now is a good time to plan for your winter getaway if you haven't done so already. You can use the links on the right of my column to start your planning.

I know you are probably thinking the economy isn't good. Every day you read depressing stories in the newspaper. I'm happy to report that there was some good news in the papers yesterday that you may have missed.

Carnival, NCL, Disney, and Royal Caribbean all announced a suspension of fuel surcharges for their 2009 sailings. This applies to existing and future bookings. Refunds or onboard credits will be issued as indicated by each cruise line. The press releases also indicated the critieria when surcharges could reappear. But for now, they are gone which is good news for those that want to get away from the winter weather.

No comments: