Carnival Cruise Lines, Miami, FL, took delivery of the 130,000-gross ton Carnival Breeze at a traditional maritime handover ceremony held on May 31 at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
Carnival Breeze is a sister ship of the Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic, which were delivered by the Monfalcone shipyard in 2009 and 2011, respectively.
3,690-Passenger 'Fun Ship' Departs Sunday from Venice on Inaugural 12-Day Cruise
Carnival Breeze will depart on its inaugural cruise from Venice this Sunday, June 3, operating a special 12-day Mediterranean cruise that ends in Barcelona June 15. Following a summer schedule of 12-day Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona that runs through October 25, Carnival Breeze will reposition to Miami for year-round six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises beginning November 24, becoming Carnival Cruise Lines' largest South Florida-based ship.
Carnival Breeze Firsts
- Thrill Theater, an immersive multi-dimensional special effects experience that makes viewers feel as if they're part of the movie
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant
- Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, a free open-air barbecue venue
- Comfort Kitchen, a casual poolside spot for American-style comfort food
- Guy's Burger Joint, developed in tandem with Food Network personality Guy Fieri
- BlueIguana Cantina, a Mexican-themed dining venue
- Cucina del Capitano, a family-style Italian restaurant that brings the heritage of Carnival's captains to the table
- "Fun Ship 2.0" , all entertainment elements, including Hasbro, The Game Show
Welcome to Carnival Breeze - the 24th Ship in the Carnival Cruise Line Fun Ship Fleet