Update: Return to Service now May 5th 2013, 2 European Cruises Cancelled
“This is our most ambitious ship conversion project to date and it will radically transform the Carnival Destiny into essentially an entirely new ship offering a variety of exciting dining and beverage choices, spectacular outdoor spaces and entertainment options, and on-board innovations not available anywhere else" said Gerry Cahill, Carnival President and CEO.
Fun Ship 2.0 + New Features
- A full-service Asian restaurant inspired by the line’s popular Mongolian wok casual eateries , with no charge for lunch, but a nominal fee for dinner.
- The Comfort Kitchen: Located in the Lido Marketplace, it will offer a tempting array of American-style “comfort food” entrees and side dishes.
- Havana Bar, a tropical-inspired nightspot located aft within Lido Marketplace featuring a panoramic ocean view from its floor to ceiling windows and offering a unique and memorable venue for cocktails, live Latin music and dancing.
- New Sunshine Bar, an elegant lounge with sun-splashed interiors located at the lobby level of the ship’s towering atrium.
- A new cigar bar concept offering fine cigars and a variety of brandies, cognacs and liqueurs, ideal for pre- or post-dinner drinks and conversation.
- Carnival’s first three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat, with plush chaise lounges and chairs, a whirlpool, a cascading waterfall, teak-planked decks, a pool and complimentary dining area.
- SportSquare, Carnival Sunshine’s new open-air recreation complex that includes a ropes course, mini-golf course, a lighted half court for basketball and volleyball among other sporting amenities.
- 14-day Venice to Barcelona (Apr 6-23, 2013)
- 9 and 12-day R/T Barcelona or Between Barcelona and Venice (18 voyages)
- Ports include: Marseilles, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Livorno (Pisa/Florence) and Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- 16-day departing Barcelona Nov1 arriving New Orleans Nov 17, 2013
- 6-day from New Orleans (Nov 18-24, 2013)
- 7-day schedule begins Nov 24, 2013 (3 different itineraries)
- western Caribbean route to Belize City, Belize; Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, and Cozumel, Mexico
- Bahamas/Florida schedule to Key West, Fla., Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas
- western Caribbean departures to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel