Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011

Where is Chris?
HAPPY
THANKSGIVING

Allure of the Seas
 
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is here already. Where did 2011 go? As has become my tradition, I'd like to share with you some of the things that I'm thankful for and highlight some of my adventures this year.

I hope that you, your family, and friends have plenty to be thankful for this holiday season. I know that I have plenty of things to be thankful for, including my health, family, and friends and the ability to share my love of cruising with all of you. I’m grateful that I’ve been able to explore new worlds with family and friends again this year.

While this has been another tough economic year, it appears that the cruise industry has weathered the storm once again.
The value of cruising has never been stronger. Even in these tough times, more and more families have taken to the seas.  Indications are that the record discounts offered the past two years will be coming to an end.  In the meantime those discounts have made cruising an even better value, and consequently we have seen a surge in first-time cruisers.

The photos above are from some of our cruises this year.  The highlight of the year was our Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise on Star Princess.   We spent two nights in Rome before the cruise and one additional night after returning to Rome by train from Venice, Italy.  If you can't guess where I am in the picture above, I'm in Fira, Santorini, Greece.  Our ship can be seen in the background. Learn more about our cruise in our article: Diary of Cruise with Chris to Greek Isles
 
Cruises Inc. and Cruise One held the 2011 National Conference on Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas which just ended its inaugural season sailing to the Eastern and Western Caribbean on alternate weeks.  We have written several articles on the Allure and posted many photos on our Facebook Fan Page.


We wonder what the Pilgrims, who came to the New World in Tall Ships, would think about the Allure of the Seas.  Their ships measured 110 feet, held 150 passengers at most, and took months to cross the Atlantic.  The Allure is more than 10 times that length (1182 feet), holds almost 8000 passengers and crew, and took just a couple weeks to cross the Atlantic.

Thank you for making our blog column a part of your lives in 2011.   I hope that the information we share helps you to dream about future cruises of your own. I'd be honored to help you plan those trips. I have the best job in the world - helping make dreams come true. For that, I'm truly thankful.


Happy Thanksgiving to All

No comments: