From the Great Wall to the river markets of Vietnam, Asian culture has long intrigued vacationers who seek exotic lands and exquisite cultural experiences. Premium cruise brand Celebrity Cruises will give vacationers a way to enjoy Asia in style when it introduces its first-ever season in the region, during the winter of 2012-13, on Celebrity Millennium, which Celebrity plans to "Solsticize" in April 2012.
Celebrity's inaugural Asia season
- 9 new countries including Vietnam, Thailand and China, among others
- 14-night open-jaw cruises between Singapore and Hong Kong
- Overnight stays: Singapore; Bangkok; Ho Chi Minh City; Halong Bay; Hong Kong
- Opportunities for travelers to immerse themselves in Asian culture
- Two 14-night sailings roundtrip from Singapore (overnight Bali, Indonesia) in January 2013
- The westbound cruise will coincide with the total solar eclipse in November 2012
- (view the eclipse while at sea, when sailing from Fiji to New Zealand)
- Reposition from Hong Kong to Shanghai in April 2013 on a cruise featuring
- (overnight calls in Hong Kong and Beijing (Tianjin), China.)
- Continue eastbound across the North Pacific to Alaska
- (call at various ports in China, Japan, and Russia)
While sailing, a variety of shore excursions are available to travelers who wish to immerse themselves in the region. A number of overnight stays in port during the Asia cruises will offer guests the opportunity to enjoy two- or three-day excursions.
Examples of these include a two-night/three-day overland experience from Bangkok to Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat in Cambodia. The tour focuses on the temples of Angkor to see the best examples of stone carvings recovered from temples across Cambodia. During cruises that include an overnight stay in port at Halong Bay (Hanoi), Vietnam, an overnight shore excursion includes a visit to the Old Quarter of Hanoi; an opportunity to witness unique Vietnamese performing arts at the Hanoi Water Puppet Theatre; enjoy dinner at a traditional Vietnamese restaurant; and an overnight stay in a leading hotel in Hanoi.
Guests also will experience the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, the Ho Chi Minh Quarter, One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo Museum, as well as a gentle ride on a traditional street cyclo, and lunch at Vietnamese restaurant.
Members of Celebrity’s Captain’s Club loyalty program are eligible to receive up to $600 savings per stateroom when booking 2012-13 Asia itineraries before July 29, 2011.