Q: What's missing in this live webcam image?
This once busy cruise center has been quiet since early March due to an outbreak of gastrointestinal illness, commonly known as Norovirus.
Carnival Corporation, in an abundance of caution, discontinued stops in Grand Turk for all their brands through the end of March shortly after the outbreak March 11th.
Additional Port Cancellations
While investigations are still underway by Carnival Corporation, Grand Turk Cruise Center, and local authorities, Carnival Corporation changed the itineraries of several more voyages for this week:
- Carnival Breeze April 1 - replaced with Nassau
- Carnival Victory April 4 - replaced with Freeport
- Carnival Liberty April 4 - extended port time in San Juan to 10 p.m., added sea day
- Ruby Princess April 5 - replaced with Nassau
- Holland America's Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam visits - sailing to San Juan instead
Carnival Corp. confirmed that Carnival Cruise Lines and Princess Cruises ships will begin calling on Grand Turk on Monday, April 8.
Health Ministry Reports Decrease in Vomiting and Diarrhoea Cases in Grand Turk
Grand Turk Cruise Center