Week of May 2nd
- Mon., May 2: Mass. Military Reservation, Falmouth, Mass., 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tue., May 3: Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Md., 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wed., May 4: Cherry Point MCAS, N.C., 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thur., May 5: International Airport, Savannah, Ga., 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fri., May 6: Executive Airport, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The aircraft is piloted by officers of the NOAA Corps — one of the seven uniformed services of the United States — and based at the NOAA Aircraft Operations Center, located at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth's environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources. Visit them on Facebook.
May 22nd through May 28th
For additional information about hurricanes, including useful links, see the static "Weather" tab above. Last season we monitored several tropical storms which fortunately weren't as devastating as in some past years. None of the storms made landfall in the United States. Also see last year's Hurricane Preparedness series of articles: Hurricane Preparedness for Cruisers